Cambridge IGCSE Sciences – Co-ordinated (Double) (0654)
Cambridge IGCSE Co-ordinated Sciences gives learners the opportunity to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics within a cross-referenced, scientifically coherent syllabus. It is a double award qualification, earning two grades. Learners gain an understanding of the basic principles of each subject through a mix of theoretical and practical studies, while also developing an understanding of the scientific skills essential for further study.
They learn how science is studied and practised, and become aware that the results of scientific research can have both good and bad effects on individuals, communities and the environment. As well as focusing on the individual sciences, the syllabus helps learners to understand the technological world in which they live, and take an informed interest in science and scientific developments.
What Will You Learn?
- ambridge IGCSEs are international in outlook, but retain a local relevance. The syllabuses provide
- opportunities for contextualised learning and the content has been created to suit a wide variety of schools,
- avoid cultural bias and develop essential lifelong skills, including creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Our aim is to balance knowledge, understanding and skills in our programmes and qualifications to enable
- students to become effective learners and to provide a solid foundation for their continuing educational
- Through our professional development courses and our support materials for Cambridge IGCSEs, we
- provide the tools to enable teachers to prepare learners to the best of their ability and work with us in the
- pursuit of excellence in education.
- Cambridge IGCSEs are considered to be an excellent preparation for Cambridge International AS & A Levels,
- the Cambridge AICE (Advanced International Certificate of Education) Diploma, Cambridge Pre-U, and other
- education programmes, such as the US Advanced Placement program and the International Baccalaureate
- Diploma programme. Learn more about Cambridge IGCSEs at www.cie.org.uk/cambridgesecondary2